Light and merry or dark and sumptuous are two great ways to see in the festive period this year, particularly if you find embellishment and metallic a little too over the top. This more subtle approach to the party season is chic, sophisticated with unadulterated sass appeal. Designers like Tom Ford and H&M Studio showed great ways to vamp it up, while Christian Dior and Giambasttista were all things sugar and spice. So the question is – this Christmas are you feeling naughty or nice?
1. Go dark and broody with black lace peeking through a suit jacket or on a dress or skirt.
2. How amazing is this peek-a-boo skirt from River Island at £45.
3. Jumpsuits and playsuits are a great alternative to dresses.
4. Tux trouser suits are an equally sexy way to do Xmas parties.
1. Peach, beige, nude, blush, pink and white are the girly hues to go for.
2. Co-ordinate with metallic accessories in gold or silver.
3. We think this one shoulder dress from Lipsy is to die for!
4. Go hard or go with home with blinging jewels.