In general Black-owned businesses are often left behind when it comes to exposure. However, over the last few years more people have decided to make it a conscious decision to shop with Black-owned businesses. Therefore, in no particular order here are 10-Black-owned watch brands you should consider patronizing.
1. Benjamin Banneker Watches – Banneker, Inc. was founded in 2003 by Derrick Holmes. The company offers unique design feature that connects to the brands legendary namesake Benjamin Banneker. The watch brand pays homage to Banneker by Integrating luxury woods into every watch and clock design according to its website.
2. Seventeenth Watches – Seventeenth Watches was founded in 2015 by Army Veteran Chris Johnson. The luxury watch brand has men’s, women’s and unisex watches that make a timeless piece that look great for decades to come.
3. SPGBK Watches – Springbreak (SPGBK) Watches was created by childhood friends that went to the same preschool, middle school, high school and college together. The watch brand based out of North Carolina provides an variety of unique, and colorful watches.
4. Talley & Twine – Talley & Twine Watch brand was created by Robert Williams who designed his first watch that eventually became a successful luxury watch brand. Since that time, the company has aimed to create quality and detailed timepieces at affordable prices.
5. Vitae London – Vitae London based out of London, England, features watches that are made of either a high-quality genuine leather band or a stainless steel mesh band with scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass that are stylish, and elegant.